Terms and Conditions
ALTERNATIVE ATHENS PRODUCTS & SERVICES TERMS & CONDITIONS
All dealings with Alternative Athens will be on these Terms and Conditions (Terms) unless otherwise agreed in writing with Alternative Athens.
Alternative Athens (henceforth referred to as “Alternative Athens”, “we”, or “us”) is a licensed Travel Agency (GNTO license no. 0206E60000393401), with its head offices located at 28, Karaiskaki St., 105 54 Psirri Athens, Greece. Alternative Athens provides a range of guided tours, workshops, activities, home-cooked meals, cooking lessons and other services (“Programs”, “Program”) to travelers visiting Athens, Greece.
If you do not agree, please do not use the site and purchase tickets for Alternative Athens Programs. By purchasing a ticket and participating in any of these Programs, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
Programs sold by Alternative Athens
All the information and details of Programs sold by Alternative Athens are described on the website alternativeathens.com.Some of Alternative Athens Programs may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. Alternative Athens reserves the right to cancel a Program at any given time, up to 24 hours before the scheduled start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants. In the unlikely event that the Program is cancelled by Alternative Athens for reasons other than Force Majeure you will have the choice of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for a new date/tour, or alternatively if this time/tour does not meet your schedule, claiming a refund.
Program Pricing and details
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Programs without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
- All prices provided for join-in tours are on a per person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
- All prices provided for private tours are on a per group basis (total number of travelers) unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
- d. Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, or travel insurance. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Program, please inquire.
Requirements to participate in Alternative Athens Programs
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Programs at their own risk.
- Alternative Athens does not include personal insurance with their services. Alternative Athens recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Alternative Athens will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
- All participants to a Program must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorized reseller.
Participants of certain Programs (Food Tour, Olympic Workout) will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Program, if they are in good health and do not suffer from minor or serious physical or mental illnesses, dysfunctions or disabilities that would expose them to the risk of damage or activity limitations during the performance of activities offered by Alternative Athens , or/and if they suffer from any medical condition which may prevent them undertaking the Program, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery
Also to participate in above tour or workshop, participants must agree to and sign the appropriate release of liability agreement. Every adult participant should complete, sign, and submit his/her own agreement. Failure to complete, sign, and submit a Participation Agreement (release of liability agreement) in advance of tour or workout date, for every member of group, will constitute his/her reservation's cancellation without refund or credit.
- As far as concern Food Programs, given the nature of them, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
V. Alternative Athens’ ability to refuse participation
Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse any person from participation in the Program, for whatever reason, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
Accessibility and Safety
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Programs may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment. Alternative Athens will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Alternative Athens cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Program. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
Participation in our Programs may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Program guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Programs guide’s ability to conduct the Program in a safe manner.
Booking and Terms of Payment
- Participants are responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Alternative Athens requires the Program to be booked in its entirety, before the Program commence. This payment can easily be made by credit card via our website. If online booking system and payment by credit card is not a preferred option, please contact us to arrange an alternative option of payment via Pay Pal or Bank Transfer. The Program is not considered confirmed until it has been paid for.
- Bookings online can be made up to 24 hours before or last minute depending if we already have other confirmed participants for this tour.
- Upon successful completion of payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase and be presented on the day of the Program. Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse service to any customer without a voucher or letter of confirmation.
- Users are advised to check the details of the booking and should notify immediately Alternative Athens in case of any errors. Changes may be made up to 72 hours prior to tour date without any penalty or up to 5 days prior to meal/cooking lesson without any penalty.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Program as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Alternative Athens will consider this a no-show, his participation to the Program will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Program.
Cancellation and refunds policy
Alternative Athens allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and are not considered valid until a representative of Alternative Athens confirms receipt of the same in writing. The date on which the cancellation request is received by Alternative Athens will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
- Changing the date of a Program will incur no penalty, providing notification is received in written at least 5 days prior to the scheduled Programme and providing other are dates available.
- In any other case, the following cancellation policy applies: Cancellation at least 72 hours prior to scheduled Programme (except home cooked meals & Cooking lessons): 100% refund. Cancellation between 72 and 24 hours prior to booking date: 50% refund, except processing fees (paypal/credit card). Cancellation 24 hours prior to booking/no show: No refund
- Cancellation policy home-cooked meals & cooking lessons:
- 100% refund up 5 days prior to meal, except processing fees (paypal/credit card)
- 50% refund up to 72 hours prior to meal, except processing fees (paypal/credit card)
- No refund less than 72 hours prior to meal
- 100% refund if the meal is cancelled by us, including processing fees
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations, or cancel the Program, if deemed necessary for reasons including insufficient program participation and circumstances beyond Alternative Athens’ control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond Alternative Athens’ control. In such event, Participants will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the Participants’ convenience (taking into account Program availability), or be issued with a refund voucher in the case of purchases bought through an agent, or be reimbursed the price paid for the ticket minus possible expenses that evidentially incurred to Alternative Athens in conjunction with the product or/and service and cannot be refunded. In any case, Alternative Athens shall not be held liable for any expenses, costs or fees, including but not limited to, airline ticket costs or other personal expenses incurred by customers.
- Alternative Athens will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with these Terms or as agreed in writing by Alternative Athens.
Participant Release of Liability
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in any of the Programs, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other goods and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/Program participant (if he/she not yet 18 years old. his/her parents or legal guardian) (the “Participant”) understand, acknowledges represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that Alternative Athens will rely on same:
- Participant desires to participate in the Programs offered by the Alternative Athens (the “Programs”).
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Programs.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts each and every one of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Programmes including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Programs is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Alternative Athens, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programmes, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programs.
- Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Alternative Athens harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
Alternative Athens shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property of the Website and any content on the Website, including, but not limited to, the artwork, “look and feel” of the Website, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, photographs, videos, sounds, visual interfaces, design, logos, trademarks, services marks, content, compilation, source code or HTML code, products, software, and other material contained or presented on the Website, and any combination thereof (“Material”, or “materials”). The Material is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Alternative Athens, or a third party who licensed the right to use to Alternative Athens, and as such is protected by Greek and foreign copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property laws and other applicable laws worldwide. Except where your use constitutes “fair use” under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform for commercial use, modify, reproduce, publish, republish, license, post, transmit or distribute any Material on the Website in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Alternative Athens. Alternative Athens, its affiliates, business partners and/or licensors own all right, title and interest, including all copyright, trademark, trade secrets, patent, and other intellectual property rights in such Material.
Governing Law - Jurisdiction
Those who choose to access this website do so at their own risk and on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Greek Government Laws. Any dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, by using this website, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections as to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.