Terms and Conditions
ALTERNATIVE ATHENS PRODUCTS & SERVICES TERMS & CONDITIONS
All dealings with Alternative Athens will be on these Terms and Conditions (Terms) unless otherwise agreed in writing with Alternative Athens.
365 Alternative Travel IKE, operating under the trade name “Alternative Athens” (henceforth referred to as “Alternative Athens”, “we”, or “us”) is a licensed Travel Agency (GNTO license no. 0206E60000680301), with its head offices located at 28, Karaiskaki St., 105 54 Psirri Athens, Greece. Alternative Athens provides a range of guided tours, workshops, activities, home-cooked meals, cooking lessons and other services (“Programs”, “Program”) to travelers visiting Athens, Greece.
If you do not agree, please do not use the site and purchase tickets for Alternative Athens Programs. By purchasing a ticket and participating in any of these Programs, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
Programs sold by Alternative Athens
All the information and details of Programs sold by Alternative Athens are described on the website alternativeathens.com.Some of Alternative Athens Programs may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. Alternative Athens reserves the right to cancel a Program at any given time, up to 24 hours before the scheduled start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants. In the unlikely event that the Program is cancelled by Alternative Athens for reasons other than Force Majeure you will have the choice of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for a new date/tour, or alternatively if this time/tour does not meet your schedule, claiming a refund.
Program Pricing and details
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Programs without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
- All prices provided for join-in tours are on a per person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
- All prices provided for private tours are on a per group basis (total number of travelers) unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
- d. Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, or travel insurance. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Program, please inquire.
Requirements to participate in Alternative Athens Programs
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Programs at their own risk.
- Alternative Athens does not include personal insurance with their services. Alternative Athens recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). We advise that you check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. Alternative Athens will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
- All participants to a Program must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorized reseller.
Participants of certain Programs (Food Tour, Olympic Workout) will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Program, if they are in good health and do not suffer from minor or serious physical or mental illnesses, dysfunctions or disabilities that would expose them to the risk of damage or activity limitations during the performance of activities offered by Alternative Athens, or/and if they suffer from any medical condition which may prevent them undertaking the Program, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery.
In order to participate to certain Programs, Participants may be required to agree to and sign an appropriate release of liability agreement. Every adult participant should complete, sign, and submit his/her own agreement prior to the commencement date of the relevant Program or Programs. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of the Participant’s reservation without refund or credit.
- In the case of Food and Culinary Programs, we will make every reasonable effort to meet any nutritional or dietary requirements communicated in advance by Participants. However, given the nature of said Programs, we cannot guarantee that all requirements will be met.
Alternative Athens’ right to refuse participation
Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse any person from participation in a Program, for whatever reason, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
Accessibility and Safety
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Programs may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform of any medical or physical limitation or if you are undergoing a medical treatment. Alternative Athens will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Alternative Athens cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Program. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Program guide at all times, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Programs guide’s ability to conduct the Program in a safe manner.
Booking and Terms of Payment
- Participants are responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Alternative Athens requires the Program to be paid in its entirety, before the Program commences. Payment can be made securely by credit card online via our website. If online booking and payment is not a preferred option, please contact us to arrange an alternative payment method via Paypal or bank transfer. The Program is not considered confirmed until it has been paid for in full.
- Upon successful completion of payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase and be presented on the day of the Program. Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse service to any customer without a voucher or letter of confirmation.
- Users are advised to check the details of the booking and should notify immediately Alternative Athens in case of any errors. Any request to change a booking may be subject to additional fees as laid out under section IX of these Terms & Conditions.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Program as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Alternative Athens will consider this a no-show, his participation to the Program will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Program.
Cancellation and refunds policy
Alternative Athens allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. Cancellation or change requests must be submitted without delay in written via email to email@example.com and are not considered valid until a representative of Alternative Athens confirms receipt of the same in writing. The date on which the request is received by Alternative Athens will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
- Changing the date of a Program will incur no penalty, provided advance notification is received in written as per the following deadlines: Athens tours & workshops: up to 72 hours prior to tour date Day trips: up to 72 hours prior to tour date Home-cooked meals & lessons: up to 6 days prior to Program date Multi-day trips: up to 30 days prior to tour date Corporate & large groups: up to 30 days prior to tour date Past the above-mentioned deadlines, any change request received will incur a rebooking fee.
- Any change to booked 3rd party transportation (by air, ferry, rail, or bus), either purchased independently or as part of a Program, will be subject to any applicable rebooking or cancellation fee as defined by the relevant third party (airline, etc...) regardless of the date the change request is made.
- In any other case, the following cancellation policy applies:
Athens tours & workshops (half-day & full-day)
- Until 73 hours prior to scheduled commencement date of service: no cancellation fee
- From 24 & up to 72 hours prior: 50% cancellation fee of total cost
- Less than 24 hours prior / no-show: 100% cancellation fee
- Until 73 hours prior to scheduled commencement date of service: no cancellation
- From 48 up to 72 hours prior: 50% cancellation fee of total cost
- Less than 48 hours prior / no-show: 100% cancellation fee
- Until 45 days prior to scheduled commencement date of service: no cancellation fee
- From 30 up to 44 days prior: 25% cancellation fee of total service cost
- From 14 up to 29 days prior: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 14 days prior / no-show: 100% cancellation fee
Home cooked meals / cooking lessons
- Until 6 days prior to scheduled date of service: no cancellation fee
- From 72 hours up to 5 days prior: 50% cancellation fee of total service cost
- Less than 72 hours / no-show: 100% cancellation fee
Large groups / corporate
- Until 31 days prior to scheduled commencement date of service: No cancellation
- From 15 until 30 days prior: 50% cancellation fee of total service cost
- Less than 14 days / no-show: 100% cancellation fee
Tickets & hotels (purchased independently or as part of a trip)
- Air, bus, rail, ferry tickets: Non-refundable
- Hotels: As per cancellation policy of each hotel
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to make changes, substitutions or cancel a Program if deemed necessary in order to meet unexpected situations, including (but not limited to) inclement weather, insufficient program participation, circumstances beyond Alternative Athens’ control (such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond Alternative Athens’ control. In such event, Participants will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the Participants’ convenience (taking into account Program availability), or be issued with a refund voucher in the case of purchases bought through an agent, or be reimbursed the price paid for the ticket minus possible expenses that evidentially incurred to Alternative Athens in conjunction with the product or/and service and cannot be refunded. In any case, Alternative Athens shall not be held liable for any expenses, costs or fees, including but not limited to, airline ticket costs or other personal expenses incurred by customers.
- Alternative Athens will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with these Terms or as agreed in writing by Alternative Athens.
Release of Liability
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in any of the Programs, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other goods and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/Program participant (if he/she not yet 18 years old, his/her parents or legal guardian) (the “Participant”) understand, acknowledges represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that Alternative Athens will rely on same:
- Participant desires to participate in the Programs offered by the Alternative Athens (the “Programs”).
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Programs.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts each and every one of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Programmes including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participation in the Programs is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Alternative Athens, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programmes, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or wilful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programs.
- Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Alternative Athens harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
AMENDMENTS TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Alternative Athens may amend these Terms and Conditions any time and with immediate effect. If we make amendments, they apply as of the date of their publication on the Website. Any use of the Website or/and purchase and participation in any of the programs following such amendments means you consent to these amendments.
Alternative Athens shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property of the Website and any content on the Website, including, but not limited to, the artwork, “look and feel” of the Website, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, photographs, videos, sounds, visual interfaces, design, logos, trademarks, services marks, content, compilation, source code or HTML code, products, software, and other material contained or presented on the Website, and any combination thereof (“Material”, or “materials”). The Material is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Alternative Athens, or a third party who licensed the right to use to Alternative Athens, and as such is protected by Greek and foreign copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property laws and other applicable laws worldwide. Except where your use constitutes “fair use” under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform for commercial use, modify, reproduce, publish, republish, license, post, transmit or distribute any Material on the Website in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Alternative Athens. Alternative Athens, its affiliates, business partners and/or licensors own all right, title and interest, including all copyright, trademark, trade secrets, patent, and other intellectual property rights in such Material.
Governing Law - Jurisdiction
Those who choose to access this website do so at their own risk and on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Greek Government Laws. Any dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, by using this website, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections as to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.