- Programs sold by Alternative Athens
- Program Pricing and details
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Programs without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
- All prices provided are on a per person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
- Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, or travel insurance. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Program, please inquire.
- Requirements to participate in Alternative Athens Programs
- All Participants will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Program, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant undertaking the Program, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Programs, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Program at their own risk.
- Alternative Athens does not include personal insurance with their services. Alternative Athens recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Alternative Athens will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
- All participants to a Program must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorised reseller.
- Alternative Athens’ ability to refuse participation
- Accessibility and Safety
- Booking and Terms of Payment
- Participants are responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. To confirm a booking, the payment of a deposit amounting to 30% of the total cost of the services booked is required. Accepted means of payment are online via PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
- In case a booking is made less than 48 hours before the Program date, the full cost of the Program must be paid in advance at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
- Upon successful completion of the deposit payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase and be presented on the day of the Program. Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse service to any customer without a voucher or letter of confirmation.
- The remaining balance due for payment (70% of the total cost) must be paid in full in cash at the commencement of the Program.
- Users are advised to check the details of the booking and should notify immediately Alternative Athens in case of any errors. Changes may be made up to 48 hours after booking.
- Cancellation and refunds policy
- Alternative Athens allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service.
- Changing the date of a Program will incur no penalty, providing notification is received in written at least 5 days prior to the scheduled Progam and providing other are dates available.
- In any other case, the following cancellation policy applies: Cancellation at least 5 days prior to scheduled Program: 70% refund Cancellation 2-4 days prior to booking date: 50% refund Cancellation 48 hours prior to booking/no show: No refund
- Alternative Athens reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations, or cancel the Program, if deemed necessary for reasons including insufficient program participation and circumstances beyond Alternative Athens’ control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond Alternative Athens’ control. In such event, Participants will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the Participants’ convenience (taking into account Program availability), or be issued with a refund voucher in the case of purchases bought through an agent, or be reimbursed the price paid for the ticket. The relevant party who has sold the ticket to the Participant will make all reimbursements. In any case, Alternative Athens shall not be held liable for any expenses, costs or fees, including but not limited to, airline ticket costs or other personal expenses incurred by customers.
- Alternative Athens will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with these Terms or as agreed in writing by Alternative Athens.
- Participant Release of Liability
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in any of the Programs, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other goods and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/Program participant (the “Participant”) understand, acknowledges represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that Alternative Athens will rely on same:
- Participant desires to participate in the Programs offered by the Alternative Athens (the “Programs”).
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Programs.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Progams including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Programs is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Alternative Athens, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programs, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Programs.
- Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Alternative Athens harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
Alternative Athens (henceforth referred to as “Alternative Athens”, “we”, or “us”) is a licensed Travel Agency (GNTO license no. 0206E60000393401), with its head offices located at 28, Karaiskaki St., 105 54 Psirri Athens, Greece. Alternative Athens provides a range of guided tours, workshops, activities, home-cooked meals, and other services (“Programs”, “Program”) to travelers visiting Athens, Greece. By reserving a place in any of these Programs, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
All the information and details of Programs sold by Alternative Athens are described on the website www.alternativeathens.com. Some of Alternative Athens Programs may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. This minimum number is clearly indicated each Program’s respective description on our Website. Alternative Athens reserves the right to cancel a Program at any given time, up to 24 hours before the scheduled start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants.
Alternative Athens reserves the right to refuse any person, for whatever reason, participation in the Program, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Programs may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
Alternative will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Alternative Athens cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Program. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Program guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Programs guide’s ability to conduct the Program in a safe manner.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Program as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Alternative Athens will consider this a no-show, his participation to the Program will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Program.
ALTERNATIVE ATHENS WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Update: AUGUST 2nd, 2014
Welcome to the Alternative Athens website (the “Website”, “Site”). The Website is owned and operated by Stamatina P. Sklavolia Personal Company under the registered trade name “Alternative Athens” (henceforth referred to as “Alternative Athens”, “we”, or “us”), which has its registered offices in 28, Karaiskaki St., Athens 105 54 (Greece).
Privacy and Security
Alternative Athens believes in protecting the privacy and security of the personal data of its users. Our Privacy Statement, which is hereby incorporated into these Terms, governs your use of the Website. Your acceptance of these Terms is also your consent to the information practices set forth in our Privacy Statement.
- Content Ownership
Alternative Athens shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property of the Website and any content on the Website, including, but not limited to, the artwork, “look and feel” of the Website, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, photographs, videos, sounds, visual interfaces, design, logos, trademarks, services marks, content, compilation, source code or HTML code, products, software, and other material contained or presented on the Website, and any combination thereof (“Material”, or “materials”). The Material is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Alternative Athens, or a third party who licensed the right to use to Alternative Athens, and as such is protected by Greek and foreign copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property laws and other applicable laws worldwide. Except where your use constitutes “fair use” under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform for commercial use, modify, reproduce, publish, republish, license, post, transmit or distribute any Material on the Website in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Alternative Athens. Alternative Athens, its affiliates, business partners and/or licensors own all right, title and interest, including all copyright, trademark, trade secrets, patent, and other intellectual property rights in such Material.
- Conditions of Use
As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- You possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- You will use this Site in accordance with these Terms;
- All information supplied by you on this Site is true, accurate, current and complete
We retain the right, at our sole discretion, to deny access to anyone to this Site and the Material, products or services that we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of these Terms.
- Use Licence
Unless otherwise stated, Alternative Athens’ and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the Website and Material (information or software) on the Website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for personal, non-commercial transitory use only in connection with your permitted use of the Website and for the sole purpose of performing the functions intended to be performed when using the Website features. You must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices included in the Material. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Edit or otherwise modify or copy any material on the website;
- Republish or redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution or republication);
- Duplicate, distribute, transmit, reproduce, copy, publish, sell, license, rent, lease, loan, transfer, or otherwise exploit the material on this website for any commercial purpose
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- Use any material from the website for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Alternative Athens at any time.
In addition, you may not:
- Conduct any systematic or automated data access, monitoring, or collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) for any purpose without our express written authorization or by bypassing any measures that we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website;
- Use the Website or features of the Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- Use the Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- "Frame,” "mirror" or incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
- Transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications to the email addresses provided on the Website;
- Delete or modify any of the Material or Submissions posted on the Website;
- Stalk, harass, threaten, defraud, spam, hack, or scam other users of the Website;
- Use features of the Website for purposes other than their intended purpose or exploit programming or other errors on the Website for personal gain or to the detriment of others;
- Decompile, reverse engineer or attempt to derive any source code or within the Website, except if specifically permitted by law;
- Use the Website other than for private, non-commercial use without our prior written consent;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through hacking, password mining or any other means, or attempting to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website; or
- Use any of our logos, names, trademarks, or service marks without our prior written consent, including, without limitation, as metatags or hidden text.
The Website, Material and products and services provided or referenced on the Website, are provided "as is". Alternative Athens makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Alternative Athens does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on the Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this Website.
Alternative Athens, its affiliates, business partners and licensors expressly disclaim any representation or warranty that:
- The Site, the Material, or any content posted or uploaded by users are or will be free from errors, viruses or other harmful components;
- The Site, the Material and any content posted or uploaded on the Site will be available to you at all times;
- Information stored on or through the Site will not be lost, hacked or accessed, modified or viewed by unauthorized third parties;
- Communications to or from the Site will be secure and not intercepted;
- The capabilities offered from the Site will be uninterrupted;
- The Material or any other content posted or uploaded by third parties will be accurate, complete or timely, will not contain typographical errors, will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs, or will not infringe on any third party rights;
- Defects will be corrected; or
- The products or services offered through the Site are available in all jurisdictions.
- Limitations of liability
Neither Alternative Athens nor any of its employees, affiliates, business partners, or licensors shall be liable for any loss resulting from use or unavailability of information or content on this Website, including but not limited to any lost profits, loss or damage to data, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, compensatory or incidental damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from negligence or omission of Alternative Athens, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. Alternative Athens is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this Website. In no event will Alternative Athens, its employees, affiliates, business partners, or licensors be held liable for any tortious or illegal conduct of other users. In no event will Alternative Athens, its employees, affiliates, business partners, or licensors be held liable for any damage to equipment, hardware or other property of user or personal injury that arises in connection with use of the Website.
By using this Website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, please do not use the Website.
- Unenforceable provisions
If any provision of this Website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this Website disclaimer.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Alternative Athens and undertake to keep Alternative Athens indemnified against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature (including without limitation legal and accounting expenses and any amounts paid by Alternative Athens to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Alternative Athens legal advisers whether or not a lawsuit or other proceeding is filed) incurred or suffered by Alternative Athens that in any way arises out of or relates to:
- Your breach or violation of these Terms or the documents referenced herein;
- Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party;
- Your use of this Site;
- Your negligence or willful misconduct.
In the event you fail to promptly indemnify and defend such claims and/or pay Alternative Athens’ expenses, as provided above, we shall have the right to defend itself, and in that case, you shall reimburse Alternative Athens for all of its reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and damages incurred in settling or defending such claims within thirty (30) days of each of Alternative Athens’ written requests.
- Third Party Sites
- Breach and Termination
Without prejudice to Alternative Athens’ other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any of the provisions of these Terms, Alternative Athens, in its sole discretion, may take any action deemed appropriate to deal with the breach, including but not limited to terminating your access to the Site and prohibiting you from accessing the Site. Alternative Athens shall not be liable to you for such termination. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Site may also be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies that we may have at law or in equity.
We may, in our sole discretion, any time and without advance notice or liability, terminate or restrict your access to all or any component of the Site, even if access continues to be allowed to others. Accessing the Site after such termination, suspension, or discontinuation shall constitute an act of trespass. We shall not be responsible to you for such suspension or termination.
Alternative Athens may revise these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this Site from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this Site. By using this Site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Please check this page frequently to stay aware of any changes.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Entire agreement
- Law and jurisdiction
Any claim relating to Alternative Athens’ Site shall be governed by the laws of the Hellenic Republic without regard to its conflict of law provisions.