A bit about Greek summer
Long sandy beaches, sun-bleached ruins and turquoise blue sea: the famous Greek summer! You’ve heard about it, you’ve read about it, you’ve dreamt about it. Now it’s time to experience it. Spend a full day with a local guide at the popular seaside resort area of Porto Rafti and experience the kind of island magic that many people come to Greece for, without having to set foot on a ferry!
What we offer
During your day trip around Athens you'll have the chance to relax at a beautiful sandy beach, have lunch at your host’s home, learn to cook authentic Greek delicacies, visit the delightful archaeological site of Vravrona and its boutique Museum - dedicated to the goddess Artemis - and learn all about Greek culture and the Greek way of life. You see, there's something for everyone in this day trip around Athens - from culture and gastronomy to sightseeing and sunbathing. At the end of the day you’ll feel relaxed like an Athenian on holidays!
Greek Summer Day Trip highlights:
- Visit Vravrona archaeological site and museum.
- Enoy the beautiful coastal town of Porto Rafti - a famous and much loved area among Athenians for its beaches
- Swim at a local sandy beach (2 hours).
- Attend a "quick and dirty" Greek cooking lesson and learn how to make the famous Greek salad, tzatziki mezze and ‘loukoumades’ (Greek donuts).
- Have lunch at a Greek home and learn the secrets of the famous Greek hospitality and way of life.
|DAY TRIP DETAILS|
|Meeting point:||Porto Rafti seaside suburb|
|Max. group size:||Available only on a private basis|
|Price:||Quote available upon request|
• Cooking lesson
• Visit and entry fees to the beach
• Visit to Vravrona site and museum
• Coffee and Sweets
• Pick-up and drop-off from/to the nearest metro station near Porto Rafti
• Transportation to Porto Rafti and back
• Entry fees to Vravrona site and museum
• Food or drinks not described above
• Gratuities (optional)