A bit about Athens activities for kids inspired by Greek Mythology
In this outdoor workshop, designed exclusively for the young visitors of the city, children are invited to relive the mythical feats of goddess Athena and to be inspired by her figure.
But who was Athena in Greek mythology? She was one of the greatest Olympian deities: daughter of Zeus, the virgin patron of the city of Athens, and goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilisation, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. The Athenians founded the Parthenon on the Acropolis of the city in her honour.
What we offer
An experienced theatrical educator for children drives our little friends to learn and play, with the techniques of theatrical game and storytelling, based on representations of the goddess on ancient pottery and objects.
Our Greek mythology games for kids are suitable for children from 5 to 10 years old, but are designed in such a way that they're also a fun cultural activity for parents to attend as well if they want to feel like children themselves once again!
Our Athens activities & games for kids highlights:
- Games and activities for kids for them to discover the nature of Goddess Athena and to be inspired by her character.
- Storytelling of the Gigantomachy, the battle fought between the Giants and the Olympian gods, where Athena played a leading role.
- Reenactment of Athena’s mythical birth out of the head of Zeus.
- Puzzle games around the founding myth of the contest for Athens between Athena and Poseidon.
- Loom weaving game: according to mythology it was Athena, a skillful weaver herself, who gifted humans with the loom.
The workshop takes place in a friendly, quiet and shadowy place, where parents can relax under the trees watching their children play and take part in the activities.
|Minimum age:||5-10 years old|
|Running period:||from April to October|
|Starting time:||10.00am daily|
|Meeting point:||National Gardens Main Entrance|
|Minimum participants:||2 children|
|Price:||35 € per child|
• English-speaking professional pedagogue
• Materials for all games and activities
• Food or Drinks
• Gratuities (optional)