A bit about our full-day Athens private tours
Get to the heart of the ancient capital, visit its landmarks and catch the pulse of the modern city with our Athens full day tour. If you only have a few hours or just one day to spend in Athens, then this tour will give you the opportunity to get an excellent overview of the city, by visiting not only its awe-inspiring monuments, such as the Acropolis, but also by experiencing the pulse of modern Athens.
What we offer
During this Athens’ full day tour you’ll visit the most important ancient monuments, explore ottoman and contemporary neighbourhoods, enjoy bustling markets, taste mouthwatering Greek delicacies, see some impressive street art, go to places where the Athenians eat, drink and shop in their everyday life, walk in old and new quarters off the beaten track.
You'll get the chance to do an Acropolis tour, visit the Parthenon and the Ancient Agora as well as the famous Monastiraki flea market, the district of Psiri - the Soho of Athens - and Plaka, one of the most picturesque areas in Athens. You’ll also immerse in the city’s magnificent fish and meat markets and get to taste some of the best delicacies Greece has to offer, such as olive oil, cheeses, deli meats, honey, specialty vinegars, sweets, spreads and more. Your day will end at a local tavern at the feet of the Acropolis, serving delicious traditional Greek food.
Our Athens' Full-Day Private Tour highlights:
- A full day, private walking tour of Athens' top ancient and modern landmarks and monuments, led by an expert guide.
- Sites visited: The remarkable Acropolis - a UNESCO World Heritage Site- from the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus and the Temple of Athena Nike through to the Temple of Erechtheion.
- Ancient Agora, the Temple of Hephaestus, Plaka, Psirri and Monastiraki.
- Explore the vibrant Psirri area and taste a selection of Greek delicacies around the central market district.
- Walk through the historical sights of Plaka, Athens' Old town, to admire the neoclassical architecture.
|Meeting point:||Your hotel or cruise terminal|
|Max. group size:||Available only on a private basis|
|Price:||Quote available upon request|
The tour is unavailable on public holidays: January 1st, March 25th, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, May 1st, 25th & 26th December.